Seeing Europe A New Way – Through A Lens
Europe is home to some of the most stunning scenery with picture-perfect towns and villages in the world – and none more so than beautiful Tuscany. Italy’s most picturesque region is the setting for our exclusive 2020 photography vacation in Tuscany and is home to Florence, Tuscany’s capital where visitors can indulge in this renaissance urban masterpiece. From Chianti’s olive groves and vineyards to the Apennine Mountains, Tuscany is a vibrant combination of beautiful scenery, ancient towns, idyllic landscapes and, of course, great food and wine.
Think you know Europe? Think again!
For those who are new to Italy’s charms, you can do no better than to discover this magical region whilst mastering some great photography skills.
This once in a lifetime photography vacation in Tuscany is created by award winning photographer, Lillian Spibey and bespoke vacation and event planner, Charlie Mitford – a partnership which has created a unique and rewarding vacation experience.
Based in Cortona, a stunning hilltop town in the province of Arezzo, the photography vacation in Tuscany allows guests to explore the best that Tuscany has to offer, as well as providing the ideal gateway to the rest of Europe via rail or Pisa, Florence and Perugia airports. Charlie’s fifteen years in Cortona mean that she has some incredible connections with restaurateurs, hoteliers and wine-makers in the region – connections which she shares with guests during this amazing opportunity.
The Lillian Spibey Italian Photography Vacation
In small groups, guests have the opportunity to sample the delights of Tuscany whilst discovering their own hidden talents. Staying at the wonderful Hotel Italia, a converted Palazzo, guests will enjoy a delicious breakfast on the terrace with breathtaking views from Lago Trasimeno through to Montepulciano and the Senesi hills. Also included in this four-night photography vacation in Italy are trips to some fabulous local restaurants, including Michelin acclaimed The Vineyard and La Loggetta. Meals will, of course, be accompanied by famous local wines and, the vacation also includes a sunset wine tasting at locations such as the gorgeous Teniminti d’Allessandro.
Why a photography vacation in Italy?
Although it’s possible to learn photography skills in a studio, Lillian believes that learning is more successful when you have a more inspiring subject. For this reason, Lillian conducts courses and workshops in some of the most spectacular locations in England, including Waddesdon Manor, Kensington Palace, Greenwich Maritime Museum and many more.. Locations for the courses are chosen for their wealth of texture, colour and natural beauty – and the photography vacation in Tuscany is the cream of the crop.
The Tuscan photography vacation workshop
During the five-day workshop, Lillian will lead guests in four dynamic photography workshops; offering expert tuition in a number of tricks of the trade including composition and the mechanics of camera work. After a delicious lunch, afternoons will be spent exploring Cortona and the surrounding area when guests will use their new-found skills in order to capture their own magical images to store, share and keep.
During the workshops Lillie will cover:
- ● The exposure triangle: aperture, shutter and ISO. These vital skills will help you to better understand exposure in order to get the most out of your photographs.
● The functions on your camera; what they do and, how to use them: Lillie will work with you to help you to understand the features of your own camera and show you how to use the different settings for different kinds of shots.
● Composition ideas and rules: During this unique photography vacation, guests will explore the work of famous photographers for a little extra inspiration as well as acquiring the skill of assessing the work of others in order to improve your own photography.
● Where to look for light and how to use it: Guests will learn the art of capturing and controlling light in their camera using aperture, shutter speed and ISO. This section will also include the use of direct light, indirect light and shade.
● Field skills: Afternoons will be spent practicing your enhanced photography skills in various parts of this beautiful region. You’ll learn to make good use of light and shade and texture in order to create scenes which make your work shine.
If all of this sounds action packed, don’t worry – there’ll be plenty of time to relax and enjoy the incredible scenery as you sip a cappuccino on the terrace or, a glass of vino whilst people watching in the piazza. The Lillian Spibey photography vacation is a great place to start your European vacation – with flights from Perugia to London, Brussels, France and more.
About Lillian Spibey
Lillian Spibey is an award-winning professional photographer.. Based in Surrey, Lillian runs annual photography vacations in Tuscany as well as UK based photography courses for adults and children.
For more information on the photography vacation in Tuscany 2020, visit: https://lillianspibeyphotography.com/tuscany-photography-holiday/